Brackets for bench repair?

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:38:46 -0800

Hi,List!
Today I had visited Home Depo,Looking for those Kimball -type Bench
Brackets and only got strange looks.Also,visited 2 well stocked local
hardware stores-No Luck,Yet.! Another attempt was made to talk to Kimball
purchasing office-no results.I had ordered 3 different kind of brackets
from Woodworkers supply people and I will test them.
In the past 15 years I went through 5,ooo bench brackets ordered from
Kimball and most of the benches repaired with those brackets had survived
rugged school environment,they are great and simple to use. I wish other
bench makers will adopt that design and beef-up their benches,including
Artist ones.
I will keep you posted on progress.Meanwhile,I hope somebody from the List
will have more info how to get or manufacture those brackets. Thank you.
Isaac