was flat facts

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:33:29 +0100

Conrad... !

Quite the lively piano yas gots dar.  Who shot it  ?
Hmm..., your dates below start in October of 2002 and the next time you
see the piano it drops predictably enough I suppose... but then ...
what..... you have a poisoned tipped tuning hammer ?  These pitches are
before you start tuning I suppose... but where did you leave them ?  440
blank each time ?  Assuming thats so... then from  August of 2003
onwards the thang almost seems immune to RH changes.

Actually... it almost looks like a fairly typical old beater with flat
panel that you tuned for the first time in October 2002. You got any
numbers that go farther back ?

Cheers
RicB

/If one had access to an old WurliTzer grand with the split/wedged pins in a
metal block, I'm sure you could set the pins so tight that they are the
same as welded.

Of course, then there might be other tuning stability factors involved. ;-}

One I've serviced since 1984:
4'9" 1931 vintage

10/02   - 441Hz - 60%
2/03    - 438.1 - 32%