Strange bridge

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:00:42 -0600

The picture, as it opens, is horizontally inverted (but it is rightside =
up).
It makes more sense when you flip it, so I did that and have attached it
here.=20

I assume three things: 1.) That the treble bridge makes a fairly hard =
right
turn somewhere above the area pictured. 2.) That this piano has been
rebuilt, and nicely, too. 3) That this duplex must sing like a drunken =
glee
club.=20

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Jean-Jacques H=E9bert Granas
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 5:19 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Strange bridge

Hello one and all,=20

Havn't posted here in a very long time. Regards to everyone.=20
Just thought I would send you all a picture of the strangest bridge
arrangement=20
I have ever seen. The angles of the two bridges relative to one another =
are
most=20
puzzling. Can't figure out its placement, whether its an upright or a =
grand,
and=20
especially the function of the funny felt sleeves on the bass strings.
Anyone=20
care to enlighten me?=20

Peace,=20

Jean-Jacques Granas=20