Jumpy Tuning Pins

Avery Todd avery1@houston.rr.com
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:05:08 -0600

Terry,

I don't know why it would stop in the mid treble, but I once had a piano
like that and I found out that the previous "tooner" had used WD-40 to
remove rust from the tuning pins! After I finally gave up, I told the
customer, "Don't call me. I'll call you!" I just didn't want to deal with
it again (I spent about 3 hrs. trying to "tune" the thing)! And this was
the father of a piano faculty member at the local university!

Avery