Pitch

antares antares@euronet.nl
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:15:24 +0200

On 28-mrt-05, at 21:19, Joe Garrett wrote:

> Andre' said: "but in the
> end, if untouched, pitch will be down to zero."
> =A0
> Hmmmm? (as in HUH?) NOT gonna happen, ever! Unless you consider the=20
> total destruction of the material, (i.e. strings, s.b., etc.), then of=20=

> course Nothing is, in fact, Zero.<G>
>

> Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
> Captain, Tool Police
> Squares R I

That's why I used the example of putting a piano on the north pole.
You let it settle down, you tune it, and then you leave it behind.
I am convinced that over time (who knows how much time?) the pitch will=20=

go to zero.
As long as there is tension, the strings will lose that tension.
If you have not tuned a piano for a number of years. it is always lower=20=

than it was before, never higher.
We all know at least that.

friendly greetings
from