Coming to Terms was Starr console and Flat facts

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:31:30 -0600

Mmmmmmmm ... doughnuts ....

And, Sarah, "stochastic"?

Stochastic is synonymous with "random." The word is of Greek origin and
means "pertaining to chance" (Parzen 1962, p. 7). It is used to indicate
that a particular subject is seen from point of view of randomness.
Stochastic is often used as counterpart of the word "deterministic," =
which
means that random phenomena are not involved. Therefore, stochastic =
models
are based on random trials, while deterministic models always produce =
the
same output for a given starting condition.

Mmmmmmmm ... Stochastic doughnuts! Ya got any, by chance?

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO