DAG vs. 1708

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 07:43:14 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_0054_01C532A0.A23A40D0
MessageNice work! What piano is that?

That is a 1913 M&H 52" upright that got a full Del Fandrich belly =
redesign (the bridges are new to accommodate the new string scale).

Why are the backside pins notched like the front? Wouldn't seem like it =
would really be necessary unless you have a sounding duplex. Just =
wondering ...

Ummmmmmm........ so that it doesn't look like a Winter spinet? I'm not =
sure what you mean. Are you asking why they are notched at all on the =
backside (or why are they notched in that manner)? Well, I know the =
marketing answer to that one - because all high quality pianos are =
notched on the backside. Maybe just like all high quality pianos have a =
solid spruce soundboard - that's how you can tell it is a very high =
quality piano - just look at the soundboard on that Fazioli - and =
gee-whizz, that Janssen spinet also has a solid spruce soundboard - so =
much for that theory!

Bottom line answer: I don't know. That's how the original was done and I =
certainly didn't want to change anything the original masters did!

Okay, okay, I'll shut up now with my smarty...........

Terry Farrell

  Alan R. Barnard
  Salem, MO