Baldwin Spinet Help

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks@yahoo.com
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:17:46 -0800 (PST)

I just tuned a Baldwin Spinet today and I have two questions.

The serial no. is 1244808.  What year is this?  I looked it up and couldn't find it.  Am I missing something here?

Two notes were giving me trouble.  Not with tuning, but with repetition.  The rep was not fast at all.  You have to wait at least two seconds for the key to come all the way back up before you can play again.  The key is quick is come back the first 1/2 inch or so, but the rest of the way, sometimes you just have to pull the key up again.  What can be the many causes of this?  Believe me, I am trying and I am learning, thanks!

Matthew