Shimming Soundboards

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:31:35 -0500

Ron, William and list,
         I hope I was successful making this point earlier. I'm much more
concerned with mating bridge to board and board to ribs than I am in fixing
a crack which I do believe to be cosmetic. I've seen boards riddled with
huge cracks (plural) and still sounded just fine. Perhaps not as good as
they could have but it wasn't because of the cracks!

Greg