DAG vs. 1708

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:33:28 -0800

William asked: "Any preferences out there on using DAG vs. Using McLube =
1708 on bridges?
I've not tried 1708, but am considering it.  Curious if there is =
anything
outstanding about either product.

William,
I've used both. I prefer DAG. 1708 will accomplish the same thing, =
(almost), but it is not cosmetically as good, IMO. The whole idea is to =
allow the string to "slide" over the bridge(s). Does it? I think not! =
Many European pianos use nothing on their bridge tops and they were =
fine. Del, said that we just got used to seeing it and therefore most =
think less of a bridge w/o it. I agree with him. In reality, it does =
cover "flaws" quite nicely.<G>
Best Regards,=20
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police