Soundboard cracks under long bridge

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:28:25 -0500

Sound like a perfect situation for the epoxy fill. I think maybe Del has
some PTG Journal articles describing a technique - maybe someone else -
maybe check the archives.With epoxy you can get all the way under the bridge
also (squoosh/moosh application technique).

I haven't tried it, but the process involves taping one side of crack (to
act as a mold of sorts) and filling other side with thickened epoxy. Make
sure the crack/epoxy is prepared for maximum adhesion (I would seriously
consider the West System Two-Step Method). You can color West System epoxy
to come pretty close to spruce.

Terry Farrell