Answer to an Anonymous Lurking Newbie

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:37:49 -0500

Message
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 7:49 PM
  Subject: FW: Answer to an Anonymous Lurking Newbie

  This came to me privately, thought I'd answer out loud tho, as others =
might benefit:=20

  "...I've been taking the Potter course, and have been lurking on the =
piano-tech list for some time now.  I will try to keep this short, I =
always enjoy reading your post, and would like to ask you something ... =
I know basic questions on the list tend to get smart ass remarks from =
some! <SNIP>
     =20
      Ya know what I say :
          "If you can't laugh at yourself, make fun of other people!" =
<G>
     =20
      Seriously though,
      I'm working in the shop tonight, looking at my kit and  thinking =
about your question.
      Aside from the obvious stuff like tuning levers, combo handles , =
vice grips etc (The lever discussions alone can fill a book!) I'll =
mention a few tools .
     =20
      From Schaff :  the Mannino flange -Keyframe tool #119
   =20
      From pianotek :  Rubber mutes  MR1R  (Great at getting in and out =
of those tough places }=20
      and Hart spring tool   #HST
     =20
      From I don't know where any more : The Yamaha capstan tool, and =
grand jack regulating tool
     =20
      From Mother goose tools -(-Friend Joe Goss)
      I like his small oilers #205 and the goose juice#201and  chopstick =
voicing tool # 327
     =20
      Best of luck , and give it right back when we get out of line.
      Tom Driscoll RPT