Stickers inside pianos

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:53:42 -0700

At 10:37 PM 3/23/05 -0600, Ron N. wrote:

>>SF: Personally, I like the magnetic card idea the best.  All pianos have
>>iron in them!  ;-)
>
>And how do you record information on the magnetic card? It's the tuning
>and climate information that's the important part for the stealth sticker.
>Not the name of the tuner. Again, this isn't for advertising. It's a
>tuning record.

I sometimes put a custom-made magnetic card inside customer's pianos, but
only for the advertising value. The service record itself is always kept on
a PTG RPT Service Record card with my name and number printed on it (I do
it on my old laser printer) and kept in the piano, the bench or by the
customer somewhere handy. The temp and Rh as well as any "unusual" service
are transferred to my database off the invoice when I get back to the
office for my own records.

If you're not an RPT or desire a custom card it's a relatively simple
matter to make up a service card with your word processor and either print
them out on card stock, preferably with a laser printer so the ink won't
run, or take them to a print shop and have them done. If you are an RPT
it's a lot cheaper to buy them from the PTG store.

                 John Musselwhite, RPT