Ad Prices for Yellow Pages

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:19:19 -0600

Oh, one more thing. Oddly, when I was just getting my piano business going I
sidelined by creating ads for a yellow page book company.

If you aren't really thrilled with the look of an ad they design for you,
insist on a redo. Or get someone really creative to design it for you.
(Ahem) Consider putting your photo in the book, it is a real attention
getter and makes you less of a "number in the book," more of a real person
they can call. BUT look at the quality of photos in the book (see realtors
and lawyers), if their print quality makes people look like wanted posters,
don't do it.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Doug Renz Piano Tuning / Repair
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:42 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Ad Prices for Yellow Pages

I am trying to plan for yellow page ads for next years phone book and trying
to see if the price quoted is "average".

$125 a month for a 16th page display graphic ad.

$80 a month for 1 inch text ad in main section and 1 free in "suburban"
section.

I heard on the list that a yellow page ad should cost no more than 1 tuning.
Is this true or just a guideline?

This  yellow page ad reaches a large city of 1.2 million residents.

The sales person said that graphic display ad's get more calls but I'm not
sure if yellow page ads work as well as "word of mouth, networking"
advertising.

What do you think?

Doug Renz
Associate PTG