Ad Prices for Yellow Pages

Doug Renz Piano Tuning / Repair pianotuner@frontiernet.net
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:42:29 -0500

I am trying to plan for yellow page ads for next years phone book and
trying to see if the price quoted is "average".

$125 a month for a 16th page display graphic ad.

$80 a month for 1 inch text ad in main section and 1 free in "suburban"
section.

I heard on the list that a yellow page ad should cost no more than 1
tuning. Is this true or just a guideline?

This  yellow page ad reaches a large city of 1.2 million residents.

The sales person said that graphic display ad's get more calls but I'm
not sure if yellow page ads work as well as "word of mouth, networking"
advertising.

What do you think?

Doug Renz
Associate PTG