Music Desks on Grands - v - Uprights

Bg.Piano/NH Jansen nhjansen@online.no
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:09:27 +0100

Today we (in our pianoshop) got a requst exactly on this matter... =
funny..... We promised to to some brainwork and see if we could find a =
solution.=20
We are in the middle of the easter hollyday,  (in norway we do the whole =
week) - so now we need our braincapasity for eating, drinking an a =
little skiing.
but next week we are back for work, - and I=B4ll tell you if we create =
something worth telling about.

Best regards Nils Henrik Jansen, - RPT
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Michael Gamble=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 5:07 PM
  Subject: Music Desks on Grands - v - Uprights

  Hello List
  There must be an answer to the incredible difference in height above =
the keyboard of the desk on a grand to that of an upright. One has to =
crane one's neck to read music on many grand music desks - yet that is =
not so on uprights. OK so the fall gets in the way of any desk extended =
lower on a grand. Why should we simply "put up" with this? Anyone =
noticed this? And think of those people with a grand which, to cut down =
on the noise of their playing, they close the top lid and place the =
music desk on top of the closed lid... Severe craned neck ensues.
  Regards
  Michael G.(UK)