tuning beats

Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:50:56 -0000

Hello Tom Sivak and List
My method in tuning and using the beats is to listen to M3s, M4s and M5s =
as I go throughout the bearings. When the first (bearing) octave has =
been set and I approve through listening chromatically to those M3s, =
then I tune down to the bottom note using M10s, M8s, M4s and M5s. Up to =
the top now and here I use M15s, M10s, M4s and M5s. Once you have taken =
those beats "on board" you're set for a life of bliss. Only using the =
ETD in the bearing octave - but still listening for those beats even so.
Experiment. Tune a piano until you're really happy with it. Then just =
play M10s chromatically all the way down and up. Listen very carefully =
and note the gradual increase in beat-rate as you go up and the =
conversely slowing of beat-rate on the way down.
Happy Tunings/Easter  ;-)
Michael G.(UK)