Impact Tuning Lever

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:35:17 -0000

" I also like your idea of using pitch raises to get used to left-handed =
work. I don't really have the time to try and fine-tune with my left =
just yet.=20
Good news!
-holly" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Don't know about you guys but we were taught to be ambidextrous from day =
one. Left handed for uprights and right handed for grands. The main idea =
is that it automatically compensates for tuning pin setting. When using =
your left arm to tune an upright, the pin would tend to move upwards =
(because you would be pushing up from underneath) and then settle back =
down. If you used your right arm, you would tend to pull down on the =
pin. Visa versa with grands.

AF
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: ilex cameron ross=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:44 PM
  Subject: RE: Impact Tuning Lever

  Thanks for sharing, Terry - this is really good to hear. I'm only in =
my early 30s and due to a combination of tuning and a really really =
stupid fall a couple of years ago, I have pretty consistent problems =
with my tuning wrist. Not to mention the weekly chiro visits for just =
general back and shoulder crap. Anymore I absolutely have to wear a =
wrist brace when tuning, and I have been pondering the investment of an =
impact lever. I also like your idea of using pitch raises to get used to =