low drop screw symptom

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:03:35 +0100

On 19-mrt-05, at 17:36, Bob Hull wrote:

> Hello Andre,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> I don't think I know what you mean by saddle height.
>
> Please enlighten me.
>
> Bob

Well, you know, the saddle (but maybe that part has a different name
then in Inkelish?) is the lowest part of the wippen, the part that
rests on the capstan.
By using new wippens, it might very well be possible that the new
wippen has a lower or higher saddle, which means that the capstan has
to be screwed upwards or downwards.
That may change the configuration of everything.
If you put the original wippen on the new one, you can see for yourself
whether the wippen height is the same or not.
The same thing for the wippen flanges : sometimes the new flange is
shorter or longer, and that too changes everything.
Renner has special kits for this : they supply the customer with
wippens with several saddle types. The customer can choose for the
right configuration.

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek