Overpulling a Steinway

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:32:13 EST

Greetings,

           Is it possible that I pulled this one Steinway console over pitch
when I did a pitch raise last year? When I left the piano last March I had it
up to A-440, and when I went back this year it was 8-9 beats sharp across the
board.  Is it possible the thing could have "crept up"???
           The owner told me that she had someone else in to tune it in
September again. I think the other tuner over pulled it, but am not so sure about
that. Since Steinways are notoriously "friction" pianos maybe all the notes'
tension "equalized" between the da capo and the pin, causing it to sharpen acros
the board.

Julia,
Reading, PA