Today's Puzzler

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 05:57:51 -0500

tom driscoll wrote:

>How bout' an answer Yankee Boy.
>    Tom Driscoll

Colleagues,

Thanks for the suggestions that have been generated from this post.
Here's the problem:

Michelle said:

<you've got a floppy damper wire in the guide rail which is very close
to the plate because of the break and you're scared to shim it. >

..and that's about as close as it gets. I have only seen this type of
configuration once before..there is no way to remove an individual
underlever..or at least no way that I was able to see.

It looks like a broken upright damper spring on its side. The click is
coming from the spring because it has become dislodged from its
groove..or it's broken. Since it was B2, I was able to see it rather
clearly and replicate accurately. I did try and get the spring back in
the groove but to no avail. I was using standard issue 5" spring hook
and could not grab onto it, so I don't know if it's broken or just
dislodged.

Is there a way to remove an single underlever without a screw visible?
There's 2 large ones at either end of the damper tray...

Again, thanks for the replies.

-Phil