New Yamaha M500: "damper rest rail"?

David Nereson dnereson@4dv.net
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:35:16 -0700

Dempsey Jr., Paul E wrote:

> //
>
> /Which reminds me, how the heck do you adjust the backchecks on a
> spinet? =/
>
> / I can hardly get a toothpick between the stickers, much less my wire =/
>
> /bender.../
>
> / /
>
> /--Cy Shuster--/
>
> /Bluefield//, WV///
>

> Paul E. Dempsey, RPT
>
> Piano Technician Sr.
>
> Marshall University
>
> Huntington, WV

    There was a tool in the Journal quite a while back (10 years?) that
somebody concocted -- it was a combination spinet backcheck bender and
hinge pin remover or something like that.  I forget the exact shape, but
it was a long curved stick with a "stepped," or V-shaped end (the V
being in a vertical plane), oriented just right so as to be able to
reach down and bend spinet backchecks in or out.  It engaged the top of
the backcheck block, not the wire.
    --David Nereson, RPT