Challenge Question

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:26:32 -0600

Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Alan
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:53 PM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: Challenge Question

Here's the kind of crap I get to play with all too often:
=20
Ancient BBUBIIBUWBHAABUBBATFAABTIY (Big Beautiful Upright But Inside =
It's
Butt Ugly With Bubbling Hammers And A Bunged Up Bass Bridge And Totally
Filthy And Ain't Been Tuned In Years)
=20
Sitting in a metal building that is heated/cooled one evening a =
week--sign
over door says "Little Branson Theater."
=20
"Can you please come tune it before Saturday? We're having a show!"=20
=20
Well, isn't that just special! And, no foolin' now, that shore IS an
emergency, yessirree ...=20
=20
Anyway many hammers bububububbling. Lost motion not bad, letoff kinda =
okay,
checking not very good, etc., etc., etc.
=20
But the fix was easy and quick. Think about worn parts, the general
untidiness of these old beaters, and basic upright geometry...
=20
Any takers?
=20
Alan R. Barnard