Today's Puzzler

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:00:32 -0500

Subject: Today's Puzzler

> Hello all.
>
> Actually, I know the answer to the puzzler..but I'm not sure of the
> remedy..so here goes.
>
> -1915 M&H A (1st BIG clue)
> -B2 is the first note in the tenor..clicking sound..sounds like a loose
> hammer head(not)..and it's not a loose upstop rail.
> -2nd clue: it is not in the Hammers, Shanks, or Knuckles that I just
> replaced..nor is it in the regulation that was performed after replacing
> said parts.
>
> That should narrow it down for you.
>
> Be specific with your answer..and your remedy. My back will thank you
> for it.
>
> Puzzlingly yours,
>
> -Phil Bondi(Fl)

Mr. B.
    Tossing some ideas around   the old brain pan,
I thought of the back action, loose damper lever leads, clicking flange
?---Too easy---
    This is a WN&G action with the Sostenuto rail and brackets at the end of
each section. Does the click go away with the action shifted?
    If so maybe misalignment with hammer ticking on some part of the
assembly
    Your clue about M&H gets one thinking about the models most significant
feature (controvesial  as it may be) .That is the tension
resonator-underneath.
    Farfetched but could that somehow be involved  ?

    Tom Driscoll