Challenge Question

Richard Gullion pianoguy@rogers.com
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:18:07 -0500 (EST)

Raise key height at balance rail.

Alan <tune4u@earthlink.net> wrote:No, but LMAO. How clever. How effective. How appropriate.

Problem is, if I start recommending this logical option, I'd soon be out of customers!

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of Terry
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:05 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Challenge Question

County dump?

Terry Farrell

Here's the kind of crap I get to play with all too often:

Ancient BBUBIIBUWBHAABUBBATFAABTIY (Big Beautiful Upright But Inside It's Butt Ugly With Bubbling Hammers And A Bunged Up Bass Bridge And Totally Filthy And Ain't Been Tuned In Years)

Sitting in a metal building that is heated/cooled one evening a week--sign over door says "Little Branson Theater."

"Can you please come tune it before Saturday? We're having a show!"

Well, isn't that just special! And, no foolin' now, that shore IS an emergency, yessirree ...

Anyway many hammers bububububbling. Lost motion not bad, letoff kinda okay, checking not very good, etc., etc., etc.

But the fix was easy and quick. Think about worn parts, the general untidiness of these old beaters, and basic upright geometry...

Any takers?

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

--