Challenge Question

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:04:43 -0500

MessageCounty dump?

Terry Farrell

  Here's the kind of crap I get to play with all too often:

  Ancient BBUBIIBUWBHAABUBBATFAABTIY (Big Beautiful Upright But Inside =
It's Butt Ugly With Bubbling Hammers And A Bunged Up Bass Bridge And =
Totally Filthy And Ain't Been Tuned In Years)

  Sitting in a metal building that is heated/cooled one evening a =
week--sign over door says "Little Branson Theater."

  "Can you please come tune it before Saturday? We're having a show!"=20

  Well, isn't that just special! And, no foolin' now, that shore IS an =
emergency, yessirree ...=20

  Anyway many hammers bububububbling. Lost motion not bad, letoff kinda =
okay, checking not very good, etc., etc., etc.

  But the fix was easy and quick. Think about worn parts, the general =
untidiness of these old beaters, and basic upright geometry...

  Any takers?

  Alan R. Barnard
  Salem, MO