Squeak in unacorda of S & S, B FIXED

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:48:44 -0800

It's the 51st time that it squeaks...I'm expecting you to repost=
 in the not to distant future with "the return of the squeek"...

David Ilvedson

Original message
From: John Ross
To: pianotech
Subject: Squeak in unacorda of S & S, B FIXED

I had almost got it, when I raised the glide bolt the smidgin.
I had contacted Kent Webb, and he suggested cork grease on the=
 glide bolt contact area.
Went there today, did that and operated the pedal 50 times, no=
 squeak.
I queried him as to why the squeak had returned after, I thought=
 I had fixed it. He said it probably settled down again. My next=
 question was, will it start again in the middle of a concert, he=
 said no as the cork grease was long lasting, but I should=
 reapply it yearly to all friction points.
Not quite the answer, I expected, but that is the official=
 Steinway answer.
Thanks, once again to all who replied.