That's mice

Elwood Doss edoss@utm.edu
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:53:14 -0600

Sneak a couple of boxes of D-Con in the pedal trap.  What she doesn't
know, won't hurt her!  Either that or suggest she get some cats to live
in the house so the mice can enter the food chain, rather than being on
the top of it!  Ooooorrrrrr, tell her not to call you back.  Unless you
really clean up the piano-especially the mouse nesting material and
feces, you are going to be continually in danger.  I can imagine what's
under the keys.  Do they seem springy or mushy?  On the other hand if
the mice keep eating the bridle tapes then they will also be destroying
the key felts, hammers, dampers, even the wood on the keys.  Keep you in
a job until you die of some disease spread by mice.

=20

By the way, I've never tried the screen idea, but if you could identify
all the holes the mice can get through-and they can be pretty small-you
might be able to keep them out.

=20

One last thing, I'm a member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)-but
not mice!

Joy!

Elwood

=20