How to apply graphite - episode 2: how to make it stick?

Robin Stevens pianoman@westnet.com.au
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:07:51 +1030 (Cen. Australia Daylight Time)

 Calin...Have a look at the Fletcher & Newman site. I gave up using graph=
ite
& alcohol when this product came on the market many years ago.=0D
 152A WINSLIP =0D
Liquid Graphite. Supplied in handy 40cc bottles =0D
http://www.fletcher-newman.co.uk/catalogue/piano_lubricants/=0D
=0D
Robin=0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: Pianotech=0D
Date: 03/13/05 19:46:56=0D
To: pianotech@ptg.org=0D
Subject: How to apply graphite - episode 2: how to make it stick?=0D
 =0D
Hello!=0D
 =0D
Thanks to all for the advice on mixing graphite with alcohol. I did just=0D
that and rubbed it on the jacks with a old piano hammer. Well, it worked=0D
well enough, but not perfect. The thing is, it won't stick very well.=0D
Certainly not as well as the old graphite, which forms a pretty thick fil=
m=0D
on the face of the jack.=0D
So, did the builders add some secret ingredient to the mix in the old day=
s=0D
to make it stick?=0D
 =0D
What should I do?=0D