Pricing

David Vanderhoofven david@vanderpiano.com
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:06:37 -0600

Hi Aart,

The price for tuning depends on where you live and the quality of your
work.  I think there is a guy nearby me who still charges $35.00.  Why
don't you get your local phone book, look up all the piano tuners and call
and ask how much they charge?  It is called market research.

And with gas costing over $2.00 a gallon, you need to charge enough to
cover the cost of transporting yourself and your tools to the
appointments.  You need to figure that out for yourself, because we don't
know your costs.

Go to your next PTG meeting and ask your fellow Associates and RPTs.

By the way, welcome to the Guild.  Don't give up until you pass all your exams.

Sincerely,

David Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO