YC Action Brackets

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 07:35:05 -0800

I usually bill the customer and they then get reimbursed in these kinds
of situations.  That takes away the argument about what the job is worth
to the manufacturer versus to me.  However, my real question is the
procedure.  I'm not even sure what the problem is.  I've heard of
expanding action brackets but what does that mean exactly in these
actions.  What is involved in changing them.  Is this just a screw off,
screw on job?  Does the piano need to be completely regulated again
after?  Do I need to recut the keyframe to get them to fit?  How much do
the brackets cost?  And who should I contact about getting them?

Thanks in advance.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of CChristus
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 9:44 PM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: Re: YC Action Brackets

Dave L., et al,

Since there is no warranty on Young Chang products at this time, as
Roger Jolly states, know that while you may actually receive
(eventually) the replacement action brackets, you may never be
compensated by YC for your labor.  I know some of the crew here was
burned by Baldwin when they backed out, and some others are now being
stiffed by YC.  My last bracket replacement was billed to YC in Sept.
'04 and I'll be overwhelmed if we even hear back from them, let alone
see any $$.  (Bear in mind that we've made numerous follow-up faxes,
mailings, phone calls, etc, to no avail.)

So, be warned that if you are so inclined to do this job, and you
actually get replacement brackets (ours took several months), better
plan now to bill your client so you don't have to work for free.  Sorry
to be so negative and bitter, but...

Anybody know how to write off such losses on Schedule C, or elsewhere,
on tax return?

Chuck Christus
Not a YC fan.