Relay for Dampp-Chaser/ Kenmore dehumidifier interface

Fred Brown thepianoman@adelphia.net
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:25:56 -0500

Hi Terry,
Maybe you could use some type of relay and still use the H-2 to run your
de-humidifier. I am more familiar with DC types but I am sure on could be
found that worked off of an AC control voltage.
Fred Brown RPT
ATL, GA

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry [mailto:terry@farrellpiano.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:19 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Relay for Dampp-Chaser/ Kenmore dehumidifier interface

And I ran my Sears basement-type room dehumidifier off an H2 humidistat for
a good while - it seemed to work fine. However, the guy from DC warned that
using the H2 with a load so close to its maximum for an extended period like
that could burn it out. He advised against it. Seemed like a good
recommendation to me.

The newer Kenmore dehumidifiers that have the "electronic humidistat"
feature work very well and keep RH within about 5% of target. I used one of
those for a couple years with excellent success - until it burned out.
Unfortunately I went looking for a replacement about a week after 5
hurricanes blasted through Florida last fall and they were on back order. I
ended up getting another brand that doesn't work nearly as well - it works,
but needs to be mothered.......  :-(

Terry Farrell