special tuning request..how do you do it?

Brian Doepke doepkeb@comcast.net
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:25:28 -0500

Looking back, was your tuning fee fair, or knowing what you know now,
would you have changed it?
Also, this particular church is about 40 minutes away.

      Brian P. Doepke
      A.A.A. Piano Works, Inc
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Tvak@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 9:11 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: special tuning request..how do you do it?

In a message dated 3/10/05 7:01:14 PM, doepkeb@comcast.net writes:

What are some of your practices regarding additional fees for such a
situation?

I was asked to tune a piano on stage for a musical production during
rehearsal/preview week.  It had to be tuned after 11PM.  I charged them
time and a half, or in other words, my tuning fee plus 50%.  They were
not a regular customer.  Their regular tuner wouldn't do  it.  They
never called me again.

Tom Sivak
Chicago PTG Associate