Tuning a concert piano with humidity control

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Tue, 08 Mar 2005 08:20:04

Hi Conrad,

The flashlights have a switch which can be used to turn *off* the buzz
during a recital. Also the DC units should NOT be unplugged for
performances (imho). At least where I live during many times of year there
is an audible difference after as little as 20 minutes of "unplug" time.
Your mileage may vary.

The whole reason for humidity control is stability--what better time to
have it than during a recital? At least one location I know of uses an ups
to power the humidity control system during concerts.