Tuning a concert piano with humidity control

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Tue, 08 Mar 2005 07:56:06

Hi Conrad,

The location (and piano) you are speaking of is a canditate for a "howler".
Acquire a rechargeable flashlight that has the emergency "on" feature, go
to radio shack and acquire a buzzer. Replace the bulb with the buzzer.
Install beneath the piano and plug the DC unit into the same long (20 foot)
cord as the "howler".

Now when the piano is unplugged it will buzz for 20 minutes or more, so
whoever moves it will be motivated to plug it back in.

At 07:15 AM 3/8/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>At 05:26 3/7/2005, you wrote:
>
>Stage manager??? WAZZAT?!?!?!  everybody and everything moves the pianos in
>the recital hall.
>
>This morning after again finding the hamburger unplugged,  I put the
>following on the piano and the wall backstage:
>

>!! Attention !! [in 48 size font]
>
>It seems to be a little known fact that the humidity control system fitted
>under the Hamburg (shiny) Steinway Concert grand works better at
>maintaining the tuning stability when it is actually plugged in.
>
>Conrad Hoffsommer
>Piano Technician. – Jenson 189 - x1204

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/