a success!

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 19:52:26 -0600

A 12th flat would be -1600 cents. Now THAT's flat!

I have "saved" a couple of pinblocks that bad with CA -- like a miracle,
really. Even if they only get a couple years out of it, that's a help to =
lot of families with limited $.

Three things:=20

Pins 'tapped in' should never get too close to the plate. If they sit on =
the
plate you will not be able to get it up to pitch and/or the string will
break.

If tapping pins (or replacing with a larger size or shimming) seems to =
open
bigger cracks, STOP. That block is shot. CA and maybe an installed
Dampp-chaser is your ONLY hope ... And kind of a Hail Mary at that.

ALWAYS put down a tarp and newspapers when you pour in the goo like =
that,
especially if it is running between pin holes because it will also run =
onto
somebody's carpet! DAMHIK

Glad it worked. Don't be discouraged by critical commentary here. But DO =
be
ENCOURAGED to further study for future successes!

Alan R. Barnard

Salem, MO

----- Original Message -----=20