a success!

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 19:46:06 -0600

A 12th flat would be -1600 cents. Now THAT's flat!

I have "saved" a couple of pinblocks that bad with CA -- like a miracle,
really. Even if they only get a couple years out of it, that's a help to a
lot of families with limited $.

Three things:

Pins 'tapped in' should never get too close to the plate. If they sit on the
plate you will not be able to get it up to pitch and/or the string will
break.

If tapping pins (or replacing with a larger size or shimming) seems to open
bigger cracks, STOP. That block is shot. CA and maybe an installed
Dampp-chaser is your ONLY hope ... And kind of a Hail Mary at that.

ALWAYS put down a tarp and newspapers when you pour in the goo like that,
especially if it is running between pin holes because it will also run onto
somebody's carpet! DAMHIK

Glad it worked. Don't be discouraged by critical commentary here. But DO be
ENCOURAGED to further study for future successes!

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO