round nose pliers

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:40:42 -0600

> I also use small vise grips ... After someone showed me, Friday, how easy
> and consistent it is to do it this way. And I’M the one who posted the
> original query about round-nose sources. All you need is 5" grips--I think
> their number is 5WR.

With the Vise-Grip, the knot can be formed so tight there's very
little slack to pull up to tighten it - even in the heaviest wire.
At best, with the round nose pliers, there till be a lot of slack in
the formed knot. With heavy wire, if you can bend the stuff at all
with the little round nose, you'll be taking up about a yard of
loose wire on the tuning pin to tighten the knot.

Ron N