Tuning a concert piano with humidity control

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sun, 06 Mar 2005 16:08:50

Hi Michael,

Adding a bottom cover which is loose weave makes very little difference to
the tonal output. Think of high fidelity speakers with grill cloth.

Congrats on your son's success!

At 05:01 PM 3/6/2005 -0000, you wrote:
>Hello Don and List
>Surely adding a bottom to a grand when used for recitals/concert work would
>alter the tonal characterisitics. A lot of the sound comes from under the
>piano. Please comment.
>Regards from after a day in Brighton where my son Maxim came second in
>violin competition (he's 7yrs.) BTW the piano I accompanied him on was out
>of tune, had one key-top (plastic) missing and was a small living room
>upright. Yuk!
>Michael G.(UK)
Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/