My First Agraffe Repair

Fenton Murray fmurray@cruzio.com
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 08:43:20 -0800

      >> Glad to hear things worked out for you. Pianotek (I think) =
sells a=20
    =20
      >> handy
    =20
    =20
    =20
    =20
    =20
    =20
    =20
      >> little reamer that is specifically designed to evenly shave off =
brass=20
    =20
      >> from
    =20
    =20
    =20
    =20
    =20
    =20
    =20
      >> the bottom of the main body of the agraffe. It works well.
    =20
    =20

    =20
    =20
    =20
    =20
    =20
    =20
    =20
      >> Terry Farrell

      Regarding the reamer from Pianotek, actually a counterbore. It was =
a good idea that I believe needed improvement. I bought another one with =
a straight shank, had a machinist resharpen the end with a 13* bevel. =
This will reproduce the relief in the shoulder of the agraffe, a =
necessary feature in MHO. Next time I would try around 15*. Here's a =
link that shows it in use on a drill press. I'm not worried about over =
tightening, I find that new agraffes are often to high and need =
machining to maintain the proper string height. I'll publish a new =
picture latter that will show something other that a blur.

      Fenton Murray, RPT

      www.MurraysPianoTuning.com=20
    =20
    =20