Stei-D - "rolled" bridge

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:50:25 -0500

David R-

While waiting for you to post your most recent measurements, I wonder if
you measured the angle of string deflection over the rear string
rest.  Also, the height of the peak of the string rest above the plate
surface.  Maybe the rests were (excessively)  ground down, in an effort to
increase downbearing.  For that matter, maybe they were installed too far
forward of the hitch pins, which would reduce the deflection
angle.  Finally, since it has become my obsession, I wonder about how the
bubble gauge measurements were actually taken.

Awaiting, with interest,

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson