Uncommon Tuning Pin Array

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Fri, 04 Mar 2005 06:18:21 -0600

At 05:48 3/4/2005, you wrote:

> > Looks to me like a very regular sequence, just opposite from what most
>are.
> > There was at least one manufacturer here in the USA that did that on
>little
> > spinets and such back in the 60s and 70s- Kohler & Campbell maybe (I
>forget
> > exactly who it was). It always messes you up (grrrrrr!).
> >
> > Terry Farrell
>
>     I think the old Stark  and  Jansens had this,and if I remember the new
>Boston studios also.
>     The trick is to not look and not think, just move the lever(notice I did
>not say HAMMER!) to the next pin .
>     They are frustrating.
>     Tom Driscoll

I recall seeing a number of these beasties which had what looked like nail
polish on the tips of the pins corresponding to the strings which would
have been strip muted.  Since I normally don't carry around nail polish, I
never did that myself. It sure was easier to follow the sequence.

I _do_ carry a chalk chuck...

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.