My First Agraffe Repair - Done

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:39:07 -0800

Hello,Listers! Here is a little trick in fitting agraffes.Instead of using
expansive machinist mill to remove exess of material from the "seat" of the
agraffe simply do that:
1]Take hammers filing wooden paddle with sandpaper on it:
2]Drill 1/8 inch hole: in it
3]drop the agraffe and gently make 1/2 clockwise+1/2 turn counterclockwise
back and forth a few times
You will be able to see some brass microscopic shavings falling off..
that's enough to reduce the brass from the seating surface.
4]re-install agraffe in question and re-alighn .It woyks! Good Luck! Isaac
Agraffsky-Sadigursky