Knabe Plate and Stretcher

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:06:12 -0800

I was afraid of that.  Of course I could just trim the lip on the
stretcher that over hangs the plate.  I was really hoping to avoid any
case work on this one.  Oh well.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Dean May
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:20 PM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: Knabe Plate and Stretcher

I've done one of those and it seems like the stretcher was mortised into
the sides. I actually had a cabinet maker do it, and I think he had to
re-veneer the tops of the sides after cutting in enough to remove the
stretcher.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272