Player piano vent block diagnosis

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:13:41 -0800 (PST)

My Laffargue definitely had an upside down Amphion
stack. And worked wonderfully when done, though one
swift kick was needed to seat the valves. After that,
you could push the pedals with your pinky and it would
play nicely.  Easy to add dynamiccs.
    What are upside-down valves doing on a 1927
Ampico, though ??? That strikes me as rather odd.
     Thump