Trapwork Lubrication

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:42:21 -0800

Stephane said: "I'm not satisfied with my current lubeing routine for =
trapwork.  May I =3D
ask what is your's ?
(I put Protek mpl-1 fluoropolymer grease at leather-brass contacts and =
=3D
at felt-wood contacts, and clp at metal hinges ; I replace felt in the =
=3D
guides and put teflon powder on the felt.  It still squeeks, dammit.)
Also, is there a way to prevent the pianist's shoe's sole to squeek =3D
against the brass pedal ?"

St=3DE9phane,
My, most used item, is VJ-Lube. Good trapwork systems usually work =
better, (quiet), w/o any lubrications. But, we all know that most =
trapwork systems are less than idealic.<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I