Trapwork lubeing

FRANCES HELMS fhelms@topeka.k12.ks.us
Wed, 02 Mar 2005 15:17:02 -0600

I've also used paraffin and agree that it works well.  Word of caution...it's highly flammable.

Fran Helms,
Piano technician,
Topeka, KS.
>>> "Michael Crosby" <michaelc@cooperpiano.com> 03/02/05 11:44 AM >>>
In a class a few years back, Roger Jolly spoke of using high quality
paraffin melted into the felt at the felt- wood contacts .Don't use regular
candles but canning paraffin or Shabbat (Kosher) candles. I've tried it and
it works great.

Michael Crosby
Cooper Music
Atlanta, Ga.

-------Original Message-------

From: Stéphane Collin
Date: 03/02/05 10:37:51
To: Pianotech
Subject: Trapwork lubeing

Hello list.

I'm not satisfied with my current lubeing routine for trapwork.  May I ask
what is your's ?
(I put Protek mpl-1 fluoropolymer grease at leather-brass contacts and at
felt-wood contacts, and clp at metal hinges ; I replace felt in the guides
and put teflon powder on the felt.  It still squeeks, dammit.)
Also, is there a way to prevent the pianist's shoe's sole to squeek against
the brass pedal ?

Stéphane Collin.