Player piano vent block diagnosis

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:58:03 -0600

WHOA just a minute

The problem stack Greg describes is not made by Amphion, guy.  It is a
Laffargue.  What he describes is either an unrebuilt set of valves or one
that was rebuilt with sponge neoprene instead of the leather that it needed.

An Amphion upside down valve block is one of the best working systems there
is.  It was also used in early Ampico reproducers and I am presently
restoring one of those with those valves from 1927.  I have done more than
50 sets of those valves and I have NEVER had one that had problems seating.
If you have had that problem, the player you had must need restoration by
someone who knows how to do it.

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com <http://www.thepianoworld.com>

Do you or your family have a health challenge?  Put YOUR BODY’S OWN IMMUNE
SYSTEM to work for you----It is capable of repairing itself from EVERY
disease if you give it the right fuel.  Visit
http://bullock.myglycostore.com <http://bullock.myglycostore.com/>  to get
the right fuel

Visit  http://bullock.goldenkeys.net/ to investigate a great automated home
based business to get your products for free.