Stein-D rolled bridge

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:51:27 EST

Terry
 I agree with your first posts assessment . IN this case It's more  likely
that the bridge was cut wrong but ,of course many scenarios are possible.  Is
there any compression rumpling or ridging in the panel? This would at least
indicate that the factory guys dried the panel enough to get it to belly &
support my contention that the bridge is cut wrong. It's really  unfathomable to me
that they wouldn't have their most experienced belly guys in  the D dept. You
Know?
  Yes this is a warranty issue to be taken up immediately
   Dale Erwin

Michael  G.(UK) wrote:

> Hello David Renaud and List
> S&S "D"  year 2002 with rolled bridge? Bridge(s)?!
> This sounds to me ultra  serious. What can we learn from this? The problem
> needs exhaustively  investigating. In view of the fact that many of us
> re-string such  beasts (and I can only think this must be as a direct
result
> of the  original stringing process) what are the pit-falls which could lead
> to  such a major problem?

Poor belly design, construction, and/or  materials.

> By re-capping would not the original problem  still
> be present?

Likely, depends on what the original problem  is.

Terry Farrell