For those that haven't gone to the link, here is the overview

Geoff Sykes ivories.52@earthlink.net
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:44:16 -0800

I actually took a look at the site. As near as I could determine it will not
run standalone on a Windows machine. It's a Linux program so it requires a
Linux operating system. However, once it has been set up on, say, a Linux
server it can then be run from a Windows workstation off that server.

"With Quasar it is extremely easy to set up remote access to multiple
servers from multiple workstations. You can run Quasar on both Windows
and/or Linux on the same network. For example, you can maintain a Linux
server and access the data from a Windows workstation."

Now I could have missed the part where it tells me I'm wrong here, and if so
I would appreciate it if someone could supply a link that talks about this
more than just saying "mainly for Linux but supports Windows"

On the serious plus side, both Linux and Quasar are open source and
therefore "free". Also, Linux comes with all the office tools you would need
for creating documents, spreadsheets and the like. And, all these files are
pretty much completely MS compatible.

-- Geoff
Los Angeles